Friday, April 20, 2012

FRIDAY BEEF SHORT RIBS

               

Although I didn’t grow up eating beef short ribs, I have always wanted to try my hand at making them.  To make them super-tender, I decided to cook them in my crock pot.  Then I just started throwing in everything I could find, in terms of spices and ingredients that I thought would work well with beef.  I hope you will try this easy and absolutely delicious meal.  Serve the short ribs over your favorite rice and  don’t forget to spoon the yummy gravy over it.  As always, feel free to add or take away an ingredient to suit your taste.

Ingredients:
8 short ribs
Kosher salt
Black pepper
4-5 cups of beef broth (this depends on the size of your crock pot---be careful to not overfill).
1 to 2 cups of diced tomatoes (I used canned)
1 can of undiluted golden mushroom soup
3 to 4 bay leaves
3 large sprigs of rosemary
4 T.  brown sugar
3 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. freshly grated ginger (or 2 t. ground dried ginger)
1 t. dried sage

Instructions:
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees
*Cover a baking sheet (with sides) with foil and spray the foil lightly with PAM
*Salt and Pepper each short rib and place them on the baking sheet.
*Bake the short ribs at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
*Place the beef broth and the rest of the ingredients into the crock pot –whisk together to combine.
*Place the browned short ribs into the crock pot.  They should be submerged.
*Cook for 4 hours until done and very tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment