Thursday, February 2, 2012

RHUBARB-STRAWBERRY DELIGHT

                   

Today’s recipe is not for the faint of heart, those on a diet or worried about sugar, but it is to be enjoyed in moderation and with a smile on your face.  Believe me, you WILL have a smile on your face when you eat it!  This dish was first introduced to me when my husband’s Mother made it.  She called it “Cherry Delight”.    Now when I make it for my family I use rhubarb-strawberry pie filling and my children call it “crack” because it is so additive!    You may also enjoy making it with blueberry, peach or the original cherry pie filling.  Enjoy---at your own risk!  :)

Ingredients:
1 large can of rhubarb-strawberry pie filling
One 14 ounce can of crushed pineapple (and juice)
1 golden yellow cake mix
2 sticks margarine,melted


Instructions:
*Spray a square pyrex baking dish with PAM
*Spoon pie filling and pineapple into the baking dish, stir together.
*Spread dry cake mix over top of the fruit mixture.
*Pour margarine evenly over the surface of the cake mix.  Using the tines of a fork,  poke  holes in the cake mix to allow the margarine to seep through.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly throughout.

Optional:
*Add 1 cup pecans to the fruit mixture
*Lighten up the dessert by cutting the margarine and cake mix  amounts  in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment