Saturday, February 18, 2012

HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING

                    

Everyone loves Ranch style dressing.  I think my kids put it on everything!  Somehow it tastes better when it is homemade, so I hope you enjoy the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 and 2/3 c. buttermilk
2 t. lemon juice
½ c. plus 2 T. plain lowfat yogurt
½ c.  light sour cream
¾ c. plus 2 T. low-fat mayonnaise or olive oil variety
1 ½ t. fresh  parsley
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
*Add garlic if you wish

Instructions:
*Combine buttermilk and lemon juice in a mixing bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
* Slowly blend in yogurt and sour cream.  Let stand for another 10 minutes.
* Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.  Pour into jar with a tight-fitting lid.  Shake well before serving.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Ranch dressing! Can't wait to make this. AND I'm pinning it on Pinterest - thanks for the Photo!!!

    ReplyDelete