Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CHICKEN SALAD


Chicken Salad is another one of those things that people seem very opinionated about.  Some like fruit or nuts mixed in  and some even add chopped onion and pickles.   Others wouldn’t consider eating it if it had any of these additions.   I’m pretty sure family feuds have started over whether to use only white meat or a mixture of light and dark.  Many times I’ve heard proper ladies raise their voices as they described how large or small someone chopped the chicken they put in their chicken salad!  Anyway,   I  hope  you will enjoy my version- which I would  be happy to defend!

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup seedless red or black grapes, halved
1 cup lightly toasted almond slivers
½ cup pineapple tidbits (no juice)
1 cup mayonnaise ( I use the olive oil variety)
½ cup sour cream
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions:
*Toss together the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
*Mix together mayonnaise and sour cream.
*Stir in mayo mixture.
*Season to taste
*Refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving,.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds positively divine!!! Wish I was there so you could make me some!! :)

    I NEED to see you and hear your voice. Waiting on the video. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete