Thursday, December 1, 2011

PECAN PIE


We have had more “discussions” with friends and family concerning how to pronounce the word PECAN, than I’d like to admit.  For the record, the way I pronounce it (and therefore—the correct way) is “puh-cahn”!  I am available if you should need me for pronunciations of other words.    Anyway, you will LOVE this recipe (my grandmother used to call them receipts)!

Ingredients:
3 T. margarine, softened
½ c. sugar
1 c. white corn syrup (Karo)
4 eggs, beaten
2 t. vanilla
½ t. salt
1 c. pecans (broken into pieces or left whole)
One 9 inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked or a refrigerated pie shell that you place into a pie plate.

Instructions:  You may use an electric mixer, but I usually use a whisk.
*Cream margarine and sugar.
*Add corn syrup, beaten eggs and vanilla.
*Add pecans.
*Pour into pie shell.
*Bake at 325 degrees on the lower half of the oven for 50 minutes or until set.
Cook longer if pie is still excessively jiggly after 50 minutes.
*Remove from oven, cool and store in the refrigerator.

1 comment: