Thursday, December 1, 2011

PARTY MIX


I bet you can’t believe I am posting “party mix” as my recipe when it is printed on boxes of cereal.  However this is my version, and I’m sure you have  your own wonderful version as well.  Mine is quite mild (what a shock) but feel free to add garlic salt, season all and more Worcestershire sauce.  Just be careful because all of those will add more salt as well.  Whenever I make this, my family knows the holidays are near.  I hope you will make some for your family today!


Ingredients:  Amounts are approximate and according to taste.
6 cups of Crispix Krispies cereal
6 cups of Cheerios cereal
1 stick of butter, melted
4 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. kosher salt

Instructions:
*Place both cereals into a large mixing bowl.
*Mix together with a large spoon.
*Melt butter in a large heat-safe measuring cup.
*Stir Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and salt into the butter.
*Pour over the cereal and stir together to coat.
*Divide coated cereal equally into 2 large baking sheets with sides.
*Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes and rotating the baking sheets.
*Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE party mix, a little too much :) I don't usually salt it because of the Worcestershire sauce, but I'll sometimes sprinkle the hot mix with popcorn seasoning. My favorite is white cheddar, but the ranch is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Susan! My husband and I always eat too much party mix!

    ReplyDelete