Friday, December 23, 2011

BUTTER COOKIES


Here is a great recipe for your holiday cookie baking.  Include your little ones in this wonderful activity and let them experiment with shapes, sizes, colors and of course tastes!  God Bless You this holiday season!

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t. baking powder
2 T. orange juice
1 t. vanilla
2 ½ cups flour


Instructions:
*Mix first 6 ingredients in electric mixer until fluffy.
* Gradually stir in flour by hand until well mixed. 
*Chill 2-3 hours in refrigerator until firm enough to roll with rolling pin. 
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Roll out ½ of the dough at a time on a floured board until 1/8th to 1/4th inch thick.  Cut with cookie cutters.
* Bake 6-10 minutes until edges of cookie are light brown.  Cool.


Buttercream Icing:    Use food coloring to tint different colors if desired.
3 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cups butter
1-2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla

Combine and mix completely.
Spread a thin layer on top of each cookie.

1 comment:

  1. I'm way behind on my reading, but I'm glad I found this one! I love simple cookies, and I'm interested to try these. I'll bet the orange juice adds a clean, interesting flavor. I may try these for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete