Wednesday, December 28, 2011

AMBROSIA

                

This is a holiday staple at our house.  My Mother always made this is our home growing up as well.  I have to admit that I didn’t really like it that much when I was a child but I love it now.  I think Mother just had too many delicious cakes prepared at Christmas time for me to seek out the fresh fruit.  Please try this recipe  sometime this week.  It’s healthy and delicious and can be dressed up in footed glass serving dishes for company!  It’s especially pretty if you use both navel and blood oranges.   Ambrosia is wonderful to eat at breakfast, as a snack or even as dessert.    Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
Orange sections
Pineapple tidbits (canned in juice, not syrup; or fresh)
Coconut flakes to sprinkle on top if desired

Instructions:
*Carefully peel and section oranges (making sure to not include any of the pith).
I peel them over the mixing bowl so that all the juice is collected and not lost down the sink.
*Add about one third less pineapple tidbits to the amount of orange sections collected until you reach the desired amount of ambrosia.
*Stir fruit together and refrigerate until it is served.
*Spoon out individual servings.  Store remaining ambrosia in refrigerator.
*Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of each serving.

NOTE:
Amounts are approximate and depend on your individual taste and the number of people you will be serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment