Saturday, December 17, 2011

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES


I love peanut butter cookies but we can only make them when we know that our oldest daughter will not be around---since she has a deadly allergy to peanuts.  I caused the allergy when I ate peanut butter throughout my pregnancy with her.  I had no idea that this would happen.  I am so glad that they advise pregnant women now to stay away from peanut products.  For those of you who don’t have this issue in your families, please enjoy this great recipe.

Ingredients:
1 and ¼ cups flour
¾ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla

Instructions:
*Combine flour, soda and salt.
*In a mixing bowl beat butter, peanut butter and sugars until fluffy.
*Add egg and vanilla.
*Mix in dry ingredients.
*Shape dough into balls (about 1 inch in diameter).
*Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with PAM.
*Using the tines of a fork, press down slightly on each ball of dough in one direction and then press slightly again in another direction (creating a crisscross pattern).
*Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment