Tuesday, January 10, 2012

THE BEST CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE

                     

This is quite possibly the best recipe of all the ones I have posted and it is definitely the best chocolate pound cake on the planet!  It originated from my Mother’s dear friend and neighbor.   It is a perfect cake---it doesn’t need any icing at all.  I make it in a bundt cake pan so that a beautiful crust forms.  It is also the go- to recipe when I am teaching someone to make their first cake because it features the classic and proper technique for cake making.  Thank you “Mrs. Y” for sharing your family’s special recipe- with my family.  This recipe-- but especially you, are treasures to me!

Ingredients:
2 sticks margarine
½ cup Crisco
3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
½ t. baking powder
½ t. salt
½ cup cocoa
5 eggs
1 cup milk
1 t. vanilla

Instructions:
*Cream margarine, Crisco and sugar. 
*Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.  Set flour mixture aside.
*Add eggs one at a time.
* Add flour mixture alternately with milk. 
*Add vanilla.
*Pour batter into greased Bundt or Tube pan.
*Bake at 325 degrees for 1 ½ hours. 
*Let cool for 10 minutes and release from pan.

2 comments:

  1. I just made this, it's in the oven ... can't wait to see how it turns out. What an easy recipe! This is a keeper, for sure.

    ReplyDelete