Monday, March 19, 2012

STRAWBERRY-BANANA MUFFINS

                      

Here’s a delicious way to start off the week!  I don’t know about you but I get excited about strawberries when they go on sale at the grocery store----so I usually buy too many.  This recipe provides a solution to that last cup and a half of strawberries that you have lurking in the refrigerator.  And I know that you have 2 bananas that are getting awfully lonely on the counter.  So get busy and have fun at the same time!!

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
1 and ½ cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 t. vanilla
1 t. lemon zest
2 bananas, mashed
3 c. flour
1 and ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
1 t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 c. buttermilk

Instructions:
*Cream butter and sugar
*Add eggs, vanilla and zest
*Add mashed bananas
*Mix flour with strawberries in a separate small bowl and then add to butter mixture.
*Add baking powder, baking soda, salt,
*Add buttermilk and combine with a large spoon until all ingredients are mixed well.  Do not overmix.
*Bake in lined muffin tins at 350 degrees until golden brown(approximately 25 minutes).

2 comments:

  1. Strawberries were on sale at the store the very day you posted this! I didn't have buttermilk so I substituted milk and they were still very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made them. My strawberries in the fridge inspired me! If you ever need a substitution for buttermilk, you can use 1 T. lemon juice per cup of regular milk. Then let it sit for 5 minutes before adding it in. I think these are my new favorite muffins.

    ReplyDelete