Monday, March 26, 2012

HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM

                  

Oh my goodness, you will love my recipe for homemade vanilla ice cream!   I also have to say that I am a believer in the Cuisinart  2 Quart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Maker.  Your ice cream can be ready in 25 minutes with very little effort and without having to use the salt and ice that’s required with the more traditional electric or hand-crank ice cream makers.  Actually the taste of hand-cranked ice cream from my childhood was nothing less than exquisite and was something wonderful to look forward to on those long, hot summer evenings in Georgia after a cookout.  However in my old age, I bow to technology and enjoy surprising people with homemade ice cream when they least expect it.  Feel free to add fruit or flavorings and additions of your choice.  This is a good one!!

Ingredients:
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 quart half & half
1 T. vanilla

Instructions:
*In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
*Pour into electric ice cream freezer (of your choice).
*Add additional milk to make it to the fill line if necessary.
*Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
*Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and put in the freezer to “ripen” for at least one hour before serving (if you can wait).

No comments:

Post a Comment