Monday, November 28, 2011

MEATLOAF

                             

Here is a meatloaf recipe that you are sure to enjoy.  Serve it with mashed potatoes and your favorite green vegetable (or even fried green tomatoes).

Ingredients:
1 and ½ pounds (approximately .75 kg.) lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 extra large egg
1 cup Hunt’s tomato sauce
¼ t. kosher salt
¼ t. black pepper
2 T. teriyaki sauce

Instructions:
*Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and  combine thoroughly.  I scrub my hands well (you have to scrub under your nails with a brush) and then I mix it by hand.
*Spray a loaf- shaped or square pyrex baking dish with PAM and place your shaped meatloaf in it.
*Shape the meatloaf any way you wish.  Traditionally a loaf shape is good but just be careful not to make it too thick—or you won’t have an even cooking result.
You may also just pat the meat mixture evenly into your dish  and cut it into squares when done.
*Make the sauce and place it over the top surface of the meatloaf (it’s ok if it drizzles down the sides).
*Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until completely cooked throughout  (there should not be any pinkness).

Sauce:  (make more sauce for your meatloaf if you prefer
2 heaping T. brown sugar
2 T. yellow mustard
½ cup tomato sauce (or ketchup works well)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Emilie, this is weird. I was just looking online for meatloaf recipes! Guess the cooler temps have me craving comfort food.
    Love this and I'll definitely give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled that the recipe I posted is just what you needed! You are so thoughtful to let me know. If you don't enjoy teriyaki sauce, just leave it out and substitute worcestershire sauce. If there is ever a recipe you need, please send me a note and I'll do my best to send it your way!

    ReplyDelete