Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAPPY AMERICAN THANKSGIVING!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Today is Thanksgiving Day for my American friends and family.   I am fortunate because I get to celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada as well.  Actually I think we should all strive to be thankful every day for everything that God has given us!   I am very thankful for you!   I want to express my thanks to those of you who take time to visit my recipe blog.  Every day I strive to provide you with a well-tested and well-loved recipe that I actually use with my family.   In fact---most of the time I am making it in my kitchen on the very day it is posted.     I have been developing my own recipes for over 28 years,  many have their roots from my original family.   My dear Mother, Grandmothers, Aunts and my sister have inspired me.  I have given these recipes wings as I have experimented with amounts, flavors and a variety of cooking methods to make them perfect for my husband and children.    My hope is that you will take my recipes and personalize them for your family!    If you are someone who has not experienced a lot of success with cooking in your home, I pray that you will give these recipes a try and let me know if you have any questions or comments.   If you are an experienced home cook I pray that these recipes will give you refreshed ideas and that you will share your ideas with me.  I am deeply grateful for your blog visits.  God bless you today and everyday!


Today instead of a recipe I want to share what I’ve been working on lately—decorating my home for Christmas.  I’d love to see some of your decorations.  Enjoy!









 Kitchen tree

                                                     Office tree

                                                     Tea cup tree in dining room
                                           Christmas Village
                                                    Snowmen display
                                                        High heels, purses, Barbie and Scarlett (my tree)
                                                          Son's  tree.
                                                          Younger daughter's tree.
                                                            Older daughter's tree.
                                                         Bathroom tree.
                                                             Santa display.
                                                       Basement tree.
                                                             Son's tree.
                                                        Family room display.

                                                          Western tree.
                                                       Childhood toys tree.
                                                                 Hall tree.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful!! You've been busy!!! Wish I could see it all in person!! Love you...and so thankful for you!!

    Big hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristi--Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I like the Santa display best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...a bathroom tree! You have me beat there. I sent you a couple more ornaments. I can't help but think of you when I see these beautiful trees. We have to spend Christmas together one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Beverly-- I think you should come help me set up everything! I want to do a few new trees next year and phase out some tired ones.

    ReplyDelete