Thursday, July 5, 2012

GINGER CHICKEN

photo.JPG                      

Last night I decided that I wanted to bake some chicken.  So since I had a big piece of fresh ginger in the fridge I thought that I could use it to create a sauce to flavor up the chicken nicely.  I hope that you will create your own sauces and marinades also and let me know how they work out.  We can learn a lot from each other.
Have fun creating meals for your family!

Ingredients:  don’t add salt to the sauce because the soy sauce is already salty
6 chicken breasts, cut each piece in half
1 cup soy sauce
2 T. freshly grated ginger
2 T. honey (or brown sugar)
2  to 3 t. sesame seeds
¼ cup olive oil

Instructions:
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
*Spray a rectangular pyrex baking dish with PAM
*In a mixing bowl, whisk soy sauce, ginger, honey, sesame seeds and olive oil together.
*Place each chicken breast piece into the mixture and coat well on all sides.
*Place each chicken breast piece in the baking dish.
*Pour the remainder of the sauce mixture over the chicken pieces.
*Bake at 400 degrees on the center oven rack until chicken is done—approximately 45 minutes---turning chicken pieces often.
*Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment