Thursday, June 21, 2012

TZATZIKI SAUCE


Today I’d like to share with you my daughter’s recipe for Tzatziki  Sauce/Dip.  It is delicious and very versatile!  She recently used it as a dipping sauce for chicken satay.  I plan on serving it this weekend as a dip for raw vegetables.  I hope you enjoy trying it with your family…I think they’ll love it!

Ingredients:
1 medium cucumber, roughly chopped
2 T. kosher salt
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped (optional for me)
1 t. dried dill or 1 T. fresh dill
Additional salt and pepper to taste
3 cups Greek yogurt

Instructions:
*Place chopped cucumber and 2 T. kosher salt in a colander.  Let sit for 30 minutes to allow moisture to be drawn out.
*Shake off excess salt from the cucumber and discard the excess salt.
*In a food processor, blend cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper until smooth.
*Combine mixture with the Greek yogurt and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment