Thursday, October 27, 2011

SODA POP CAKE


Here is a fun cake to make with your kids.  I am generally a “cake mix snob” but I do occasionally use them when I am crunched for time. 

1 lemon cake mix
1 small box of lemon flavored instant pudding mix
1 can of Mountain Dew soda pop (or Sprite or Fresca)
¾ cup canola or vegetable oil
4 large eggs (I use extra large eggs in all my baking)

Instructions:
*Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
*Spray a Bundt cake pan generously with PAM
*In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, Mountain Dew, oil and eggs. Beat  until all ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth. 
*Pour batter into the prepared pan.
*Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
*Remove from oven and let sit in the pan for 10 minutes (however I usually run a knife around all the edges and the interior circle immediately upon removal from the oven and then let it sit).
*Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment