Tuesday, October 25, 2011

ENCHILADA RICE


*This is such an easy dish.  My husband just loves it!  I don’t make it very often, but when I do, he thinks I’ve really done something special.  

1 pound ground turkey
¼ cup chopped red and green bell pepper
¼ cup chopped onion
1 package enchilada mix (use taco mix if you can’t find enchilada mix)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes (I can’t find these in Canada so I use regular canned, diced tomatoes and then add jalapeno peppers and green chilies to taste).
2 cups cooked white rice (substitute brown rice if you wish)
8 ounces shredded fat-free Velveeta cheese (or regular velveeta cheese or Mexican-style shredded sharp cheese).

Instructions:
*Brown the ground turkey with the onions and peppers.  Add the enchilada mix and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes.  Stir rice into turkey mixture.  *Place rice and turkey mixture into a square pyrex baking dish that has been sprayed with PAM.
*Place cheese all over the top.
*Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Place aluminum foil over the top if it becomes too brown before cooking is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment